Boss Katana Air
The Katana Air uses wireless technology with up to 12 hours of playing time. It also has the option of batteries for those times when AC power is unavailable. A remarkable amp!
1 in stockCompare
****AMPS ARE SOLD IN STORE ONLY****
- Totally wireless guitar amplifier with newly developed BOSS technology delivers rock-solid sound with ultra-low latency
- Compact wireless transmitter plugs into various kinds of electric guitars and charges while docked in the amp (see note below)
- Transmitter provides 12 hours of playing time on a single charge, and automatically enters standby mode to conserve the charge when no activity is detected
- Always ready to play, with motion sensing technology in the transmitter that instantly wakes the amp from power-saving standby mode
- Premium tones derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, with five unique amp characters and access to over 50 world-class BOSS effects
- Six onboard memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups
- Powerful stereo speaker system with full-range sound and up to 30 watts of power (or 20 watts if running on batteries)
- Edit and organize tones wirelessly with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Play along with music streamed wirelessly from a mobile device via Bluetooth®
- Amplifier powered by eight AA-size batteries or included AC adapter
- Aux in for connecting wired devices, plus headphones/recording out for silent practice and music production
- Rated Power Output: 30 W (15 W+15 W) (when using the AC adaptor), 20 W (10 W+10 W) (when using the Alkaline batteries)Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm), AUX IN: -10 dBuSpeakers: 7.5 cm (3 inches) x 2Controls: POWER button,
- button, MASTER knobAMPLIFIER Controls: AMP TYPE knob, GAIN knob, VOLUME knobEQUALIZER Controls: BASS knob, MIDDLE knob, TREBLE knob
- MULTI EFFECT Controls: BST/MOD knob, BST/MOD button, DELAY/FX knob, DELAY/FX button, TAP button, REVERB knob, REVERB button
- TONE SETTING Controls: CH A button, CH B button, PANEL button
- Indicators: POWER,
- Guitar Wireless
- Connectors: Input jack: 1/4-inch phone type, AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type, PHONES/REC OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type, TRANSMITTER IN jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, USB port (USB B type), DC IN jackPower Supply: AC adaptor (DC 13 V), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 8, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 8Current Draw: 680 mAExpected battery life: (under continuous use) Alkaline battery: Approximately 7 hours, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 10 hours
- * When using batteries having a capacity of 2500 mAh.
- * These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.Accessories: Owner’s manual, Leaflet USING THE UNIT SAFELY, Transmitter, AC adaptor, Power cordSize and Weight: W 13-13/16″ x D 5-11/16″ x H 7-1/8″ Weight (excluding batteries): 4 lbs 14 oz
Specifications (Transmitter (WL-T))
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)Control: Power buttonIndicator: BATTERYConnectors: Input plug: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN 5 V port: USB Micro-B typePower Supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, Supplied from the DC IN 5 V portCurrent Draw: 47 mAExpected battery life: (under continuous use) Approximately 12 hours
The WL-T transmitter fits into standard guitar jacks including Stratocaster type, Telecaster type, Les Paul type, SG type, acoustic-electric guitar type, end-pin jack, etc. It may not function properly with some guitars/jack plug types.
It is best to bring your guitar to try it out, (or a similar one from our stock).