Orange Micro Dark Head
Move over Tiny Terror, the Micro Dark is in town! Not much bigger than a lunchbox, but packing way more punch than you would expect in something this size. This 20 watt hybrid is great for practice, recording and smaller venues.
2 in stockCompare
- Single channel, hybrid – valve pre amp with solid state power amp, aux in for MP3 or CD
- Controls: Volume, Gain, Shape
- Output Power: 20 Watts
- Fully Buffered, low impedance loop allows for any number of effects and cables to be patched in without sacrificing tone
- Preamp: 1 x Ecc83/12ax7
- Headphone jack : CABSIM loaded circuitry – which faithfully emulates the sound of a mic’d Orange 4×12″ cabinet loaded with our flagship Voice of the World speakers
- Dimensions: H 5.31″”, W 6.5”, D 3.74”
- Weight: 1.72 lbs.
so…what is a Shape Control??
Orange’s exclusive Shape control varies the midrange response while interacting with the bass and treble. Working from the 12 o’clock position, a subtle nudge to the left adds more midrange and smooths the highs. A clockwise notch or two reduces the mids and brightens the tone.
At the extremes the Shape’s effect becomes even more pronounced, especially as you begin to push the Gain control. A scooped, thrashy voicing with a ‘smiley face’ EQ is easily achieved in the fully clockwise position, while turning fully counter clockwise aggressively boosts the mids, for a more ‘classic’ bark.
|Dimensions||12 × 6 × 5 in|